Tanilba Bay Big Boat Regatta
Main photo: Sam and Zac on F18 Lost Diamond
Good racing conditions for Tanilba Bay’s Big Boat Regatta saw 40 boats on the waters of Port Stephens over the weekend of 5th and 6th February.
Crews travelled from Southern Highlands, Queens Lake, Coffs Harbour, Armidale, Palm Beach, Kurnell, Wallerawang, Sydney Harbour, Toukley and Mannering Park and enjoyed steady and sometimes bright southerly winds.
Boats included F18s, F16s, Hobie 18s, NACRA 17s and 5.8s, Vipers and Tornadoes.
Race Officer Steve aboard Gem, the brilliantly restored river boat was able to start five races over the two days.
Teams were divided into three divisions and the winners are:
Division 1 General
- Mark and Riley on the venerable Tornado Coca Cola
- Archie and Lilly on the Nacra17 Lil Arch
- Neave and Rohan on the Nacra5.8 Indigo
Division 2 Hobie 18s
- Andrew and Oliver on Wet Willy
- John and Bronte on 18@Heart
- Michael Zed and Michael K on Banshee
Division 3 F18s
- Steve and Adam on Harken
- Zac and Sam on Lost Diamond
- Pete and Bailey on Mostly Harmless
The weekend also incorporated Round 2 of the F18 State Titles. Winners were Steve and Adam on Harken, second Dan and Nath on Send It Sailing and Bryce and Ethan third on Great Lakes Postal.
Commodore Mike thanked the Tanilba crew for manning the boats and the competitors for their enthusiasm and sportsmanship.