MarineVerse Cup VR Sailing Game
MarineVerse Cup is an authentic and approachable competitive VR sailing game that brings multiplayer sailboat racing to every VR headset owner.
3 boats, 7 locations, tutorials and various game-modes make it the best VR sailing game.
Daily and weekly races, with varying wind conditions and courses will test the players sailing and racing skills. Players will battle their way up the racing leaderboards and make friends along the way as they compete for the monthly MarineVerse Cup.
Try sailing, learn how to sail in VR and test your skills racing!
MarineVerse Cup development started in February 2019. The team behind MarineVerse Cup is a small group of passionate sailors and technologists, who shipped award winning VR Regatta.
MarineVerse Cup is the product of years of research, development, design, and testing and has been created for both gamers who enjoy advanced simulations and sailors who want to sharpen their racing skills.
MarineVerse aims to democratize access to sailing and the Cup was designed for the latest generation of standalone VR headsets like Meta Quest, making it easy for a casual sailor to get into virtual reality sailing.
The first playable build of MarineVerse Cup was made available to a limited number of players in June 2019 and now, after various fixes and improvements the game enters a period of Early Access “open alpha” on Steam. The goal of “open alpha” is to create a great foundation for multiplayer yacht racing in collaboration with the community.
The game launched on SideQuest in late 2019, and PC (non VR) mode was added to the game in March 2020. In 2020, MarineVerse team added 2 new boats to the game – a Dinghy and Waszp.
In February 2021 MarineVerse Cup was among the first apps selected for Oculus/Meta Quest App Lab.
Throughout 2021 the game have seen many updates & improvements, including co-op multiplyaer, new tutorials and improved user experience.
In January 2022 the team announced that the game will be graduating from App Lab and coming to the official Quest store in Early Spring.
- Interactive sailboats – controls designed for immersive gameplay in virtual reality
- 3 unique boats – Yacht, Dinghy and Waszp.
- 7 locations: Sydney, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Rio the Janeiro, Enoshima and Cape Town.
- Daily practice races – varying wind conditions and courses. Daily, weekly and monthly leaderboards.
- Leagues – Race with sailors at your skill level ( skill & location based leagues ).
- Racing profile – represent your country and track your stats
- Handicap system – the games becomes harder the more you play, keeping it challenging for new and veteran races.
- “Ghost mode” – an ability to replay the previous race in practice mode – learn by observing how other sailors win the races and try to beat them.
- Multiplayer racing in real-time ( individual and co-op mode )
- Community – a thriving community discussing races, tactics and in general having good time – join our Discord and mailing list.