New Smartgyro SG20 Gyroscopic Stabilizer Introduced to Australian Market
The new Smartgyro SG20 gyroscopic stabilizer is introduced to the Australian market at the Club Marine Perth Boat Show this weekend.
The new unit for 45ft to 55ft vessels expands the SG series – the only gyro stabilizers on the market that can be serviced, maintained and assembled directly inside the boat
Perth Boat Show, 17th to 19th September, Fluid in Motion Marine Stand 12
Smartgyro distributor Pacific Maritime Solutions (PMS) has partnered with its representatives in Western Australia, Fluid in Motion Marine, to highlight the latest unit for boats from 45 feet to 55 feet.
The SG20 is the latest addition to the advanced SG series, bringing Smartgyro’s industry-first design benefits and superior roll reduction technology to boat owners and builders for the key mid-size vessel range. The SG40, for boats from 50 to 60ft, and the SG80, for boats from 60 to 70ft, will be displayed on gyro stabilization specialist Fluid in Motion Marine’s stand in Perth from 17th to 19th September.
The outstanding innovation of the SG20, and all Smartgyro stabilizers, is the cutting-edge modular mechanical design, ensuring the range is unique to the market as the only gyro units that can be serviced, maintained and assembled directly inside the boat.
Negating the need for the whole gyro to be shipped back to the factory, the structure of the units enables seamless installation and onboard maintenance. The sophisticated stabilization solution therefore minimizes time spent on maintenance and reduces vessel downtime, while creating new design opportunities for builders and increasing the potential for installation in vessels with small access spaces.
Fluid in Motion Marine’s Brett Chappells said: “We are proud to be representing Smartgyro at the Perth Boat Show this year. These advanced units fit our core belief in providing high quality products and service to our customers, so we are pleased to partner up with Pacific Marine Solutions to ensure our clients have Australia-wide support.”
Ideal for both new builds and refit installations, the Smartgyro stabilizers feature design innovations within the control electronics, braking system, liquid cooling system and vacuum enclosure to maximizse roll reduction, performance and efficiency.
The key features of the new Smartgyro SG20 include:
- Modular design. The mechanical design allows seamless installation and maintenance
- Efficient control electronics. Roll reduction is maximised under every sea condition using an efficient module, motion sensors and an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) to monitor and process real-time boat behaviour data and the flywheel speed and position
- Pressurized, closed loop braking system. The braking system dynamically controls the gyro using hydraulic cylinders and proportional valve
- Liquid cooling. Heat generated by the motor and spinning bearings is dissipated, while also cooling the inverter and hydraulic manifold
- Efficient flywheel rotation. A sealed vacuum minimises air drag to increase performance and reduce heat and power consumption. The built-in pressure pump automatically restores the vacuum after detecting a leakage or after performing maintenance on the sphere.
Technical specifications of the SG20 are as follows:
- Envelope dimensions: 0.76 x 0.77 x 0.65 m [29.9 x 30.3 x 25.6 in]
- Weight: 495 kg [1091 lbs]
- Rated speed: 9500 RPM
- Angular momentum at rated speed: 5900 Nms
Smartgyro units are available now in Australia.
Smartgyro is backed by strategic partner YANMAR and its companies, including Vetus, Maxwell and Flexofold.