2021 ILCA 6 Youth Worlds
Arco (ITALY) – With south winds from 5-15 knots, the qualifying series is now complete after three days of racing in the 2021 ILCA 6 Youth World Championships on Lake Garda.
All fleets have completed five races and the Gold Fleet is now set for the six championship series contests scheduled over the next three days. At the midway point in the regatta, leaders are starting to emerge from the pack in both the girls and boys divisions, but scores are still very tight.
In the Girls Division, Eve McMahon of Ireland maintains a three-point lead over Czech sailor Alessia Palanti. Both sailors have been very consistent with all top-10 finishes so far.
In the Boys Division, American Robby Meek emerged at the top of the standings, posting two second place finishes on the day. Meek is now tied with local favorite, Mattia Cesana, of Italy with six points overall.
With the championship fleets now determined, the racing will certainly become more competitive for the remainder of the series. Moderate south winds are forecasted, which will no doubt challenge both the sailors and the race officials over the next few days. Racing continues at 13:00 tomorrow.
Provisional results after five races:
- Robby Meek (USA) 6 Pts.
- Mattia Cesana (ITA) 6 Pts.
- Yogev Alcalay (ISR) 9 Pts.
- Oskar Madonich (UKR) 9 Pts.
- Chapman Petersen (USA) 10 Pts.
- Alessandro Maravalle (ITA) 18 Pts.
- Matteo Bertacchi (ITA) 19 Pts.
- Iasonas Kefallonitis (GRE) 21 Pts.
- Sebastian Kempe (BER) 21.2 Pts.
- Erik NorlÃn (SWE) 22 Pts.
- Eve McMahon (IRL) 6 Pts.
- Alessia Palanti (CZE) 9 Pts.
- Anja Von Allmen (SUI) 15 Pts.
- Amaya Escudero (USA) 16 Pts.
- Carlotta Rizzardi (ITA) 18 Pts.
- Maria Martinez (ESP) 18 Pts.
- Pia Conradi (GER) 18 Pts.
- Marissa Ijben (NED) 19 Pts.
- Lilly May Niezabitowska (POL) 20 Pts.
- Sara Savelli (ITA) 20 Pts.
Main photo: Elena Giolai – Immagine & Comunicazione, www.elenagiolai.com