Yes, you can go boating/fishing, so long as …
COVID-19 Update from the Boating Industry Association of Victoria
Conditions of Boating and Fishing
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you can go fishing and boating within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire with one other person or with your household.
- You cannot travel outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire to go boating and fishing.
- If you live outside of metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, existing restrictions still apply – but you cannot travel into metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire to go boating and fishing.
- Commercial fishing can continue at this time.
- Charter fishing is permitted as long as physical distancing is adhered to. More information is being sought re numbers however it appears to be a maximum of 2.
- Boating related business should be able to continue to function so long as it relates to work that cannot be done from home, and for the customer, it is activity that is necessary.
Boating & Fishing on the Murray River
Subject to having a permit for each person on board all recreational and commercial vessels, including houseboats, Victorians that aren’t subject to Stage 3 restrictions will be allowed to fish and boat on the Murray. See this link for more details about the permit requirements.
To obtain a permit from Services NSW please click on this link. Those undertaking this must not land on the NSW side (i.e. northern bank) of the river. All boats launched in Victoria must be retrieved back in Victoria. NSW police have indicated that they will be patrolling this.